Thursday, February 18, 2010

Introduction

I am creating this blog in order to share my urban gardening experience with all of my friends, family and all who are interested . I also would like feed back and certainly stories and tips for gardening of this nature.

A little history...

I am a 23 year old graduate, with a music education degree and a passion for fresh produce. I am a vegetarian that is infinitely tired of eating shopping center produce. I have been a new comer to the farmer market scene and questioned why was it I couldn't have my own garden with my own food. The crazy idea really started in the summer of 2008. my mother and I decided to pull all of our house plants to the back porch and enjoy a small, private, jungle oasis. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to do the same thing in 2009. We not only had the house plants but also gave home to a few vegetables. We had Basil, Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Dill. We supplied the rest of our diet with the local farmers markets that year.
Unlike 2009, this year was a little bit different. We took our gardening experience to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment